Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Nerve pain in arm and hand, bulging disc diagnosed. Surgery?

I have been suffering from nerve pain in my arm and hand as a result (diagnosed) of a bulging disc. I did 1 yer of phys therapy but the relief from symptoms only came after I stopped working. I have now moved, new state, and I want to see a Dr. but I am worried they will just send me back to Phys. Therapy which DIDN'T work. Is it unreasonable when a Dr. suggests Phys therapy to tell them "No, I think surgery might be the next step, physical therapy didn't work can I get another MRI?"?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Any new doctor that you consult should take a full history from you. This needs to include the details of your lack of improvement with previous phys therapy. This would need to be taken into consideration when planning the next step in your management.
Whether or not surgery is the answer would be for the surgeon to decide ultimately but he/she would need all the information about the course of your condition to make the right decision.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor