Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Need suggestions to cure neuralgia

I have just come from an eye clinic after symptoms of intense, sharp stabbing pain in left eye. I was diagnosed with a type of neuralgia or neuritis which the doctor suggested comes from the nerve at base of skull and travels up to sinuses and into the eye. I have had some neck pain in the past which pinched nerves on both sides of neck and I did have some of that a few weeks ago so perhaps this eye pain was brought on by that. He has referred me to see a neurologist. I am already on gabapentin for sciatica back/leg pain. Any thoughts, suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Feb 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Sugestion of eye doctor is ok. Wehave to see how neuralgia is effecting the eye.Vision iseffected or otherwise. Inany way opticnerve iseffected or otherwise.Cervical spodilite can radiate innerveroute analgesic given by neurologist issufficiant for both. when you visit neurologist, you can mention about eye pain.
Answered: Tue, 18 Feb 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor