Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Need replacement for 282 Mep for chronic pain due to car accident

Need help! I have been taking 282 Mep for the last 25yrs due to chronic pain from car accident and migraines. This drug contains meprobamate and can no longer be sold in Canada. Now what do I do?? II need a replacement for this medication. The aspirin (325mg.) and the caffeine (15mg.) and the codeine (15mg.) shouldn't be a problem I would think, but what would you suggest as a replacement for the Meprobamate? I'm going to need something that is going to replace the muscle relaxant. Can you tell me what you think about this? Will it be possible to get another prescription with all 4 ingredients in it? I still have some of my 282mep left--- will I need to transition onto something
else or would I finish these up and start a new prescription? I would appreciate your opinion! Thank you for the work you are doing on this site.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  415
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

Meprobamate is a mild anxiolytic which does not really play an active role in pain reduction. If you want a muscle relaxant then you could try using baclofen for it or chlorzoxazone .
However a novel painkiller with a good side effect profile would be Tramadol, which can be taken twice daily. Please approach your physician for a prescription

I hope I was of help

Answered: Sat, 26 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor