Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Nauseated, phlegm in chest, upset stomach. Have viral. What is wrong?

Hi I have been sick for a very long time now. The doctors think I have a mono- like virus but tell me that there isn t possible to do any testing to prove it. However I have been experiencing heavy nausea , phlehm in my chest and my throat and my stomach has been very upset. I have tried to eat easily digested foods but the nausea is not going away and the feeling of having a large chunk of phlegm in my throat is unpleasant and makes it a little bit harder for me to breath. Is there anything I can take or do to get rid of this?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you for using healthcare magic,
well it seems you suffering from viral infection.. usually viral infection are self limiting so wait for few days.. till then for symptomatic relief take vapour frequently it will improve your breathing problem.. take rantac (ranitidine) for nause ..
if condition doesnt improve in week it can be because of bacterial infection then you need antibiotic, for that consult your physician ..
hope this helps you..
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor