Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

My son has lump in the lower hip, please help him

hello my son is 13 year old and he just show me a little ball in the left side of his lower hip it doesnt hurt and when I touch it it moves around please help me im very concer thank you
Asked On : Tue, 27 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  488
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Hi, it is good that a swelling is noticed first so that you can seek medical help. Now next what is important is to assess its growth. If it is increasing in size, then it can be a serious problem. If it is painful or red or associated with fever, then it could be due to an inflammation(includingi infection). So you should observe these factors and consult a General surgeon for diagnosis.

Answered: Sat, 15 May 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor