My husband is 83 years young. But has very low BP, please suggest him

My husband is 83 years young.But has very low blood pressure..It stays about 104/76.? With his blood that low he stays sleepy.Last Sunday it was 88/71 so I took him to Hospital and they gave him and IV and sent him home.He has been on a low salt diet so wondering if he had more salt if that would help. Everyone of you were so sweet and such good answers.Thank you so much.Going to be hard to put a star by just one answer.I will say the no salt diet the Dr. didn t put him on it I did when he had so much acid in stomach.I am 59 and I want to keep him as long as God will let me! Married 17 years..I Love the man!
Sat, 12 Dec 2009