Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

My husband has radius neck fracture. Suggest the treatment

My husband age 29 had an bike accident and he had a fracture in right head .the doctors are saying there is tilt in radial head .we went to so many doctor some are saying surgery is needed and some are saying not need we are confusued please suggest the surgery or to continue with splint...
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  291
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
A fracture of the radial neck with a tilt in the head of radius means that there will probably be a restriction in forearm supination-pronation movements when it heals up. In an adult, it is more important to operate and stabilise it to allow for restoration of complete forearm movts in the future. The actual surgery required is small ( like just putting a steel wire across the reduced neck) but beneficial. You should see an orthopaedic surgeon and take a definitive opinion instead of shopping around. Also, during this phase , your husband should rest his elbow in a arm-pouch sling and keep it still and not use it. It may displace the fracture which would then definitely need an opeartion and a bigger one.
Answered: Mon, 5 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.It is very difficult to comment on the problem without seeing the X- RAY.good luck.
Answered: Fri, 9 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor