Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

My husband has a high BP after taking medicine also

my husband is on medicine more than 5 month now and the blood pressure is still high and he watch his diet and the doctor change his medicine as well nothing is working his blood presssure is usually 140/100 can anyone plz advise lots of tension with worried about him .
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Everybody is built differently. There are some people who respond to the medicines immediately, and others that are sometimes put on 2 types of medicines 2 to 3 times a day to try to control blood pressure. I have met people who have been on blood pressure medicine for years and they still are having trouble getting it under control. Try to be patient, it takes a bit of experimenting to get the right combination down. There is an outside chance, after you have exhausted all the doses and combinations of meds, that a renal angiogram might show a stenosis in the renal artery. If a renal artery stenosis is found in either the right or left kidneys, sometimes a stent to open the artery will bring the blood pressure back under control. I have seen some patients who have had this done and their blood pressure goes down, and I have seen others have it done with no success. I say try this as a last resort because it is an invasive procedure. The doctor has to put a catheter into the femeral artery and run it up to the renals. It is done routinely every day, but there are some risks. Good luck.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor