Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

My husband had a 99 abnormal morphology in a semen analysis report. What should we do?

my husband had a 99 abnormal morphology in a semen analysis hi i have a five year old daughter and i ve been trying to get pregnant for past 2 years so my doctor told me to get some test done and she told me all my tests r normal however my husbands sperm count is low n the only solution for me to get pregnant is test tube. i want to know if i could get pregnant naturally. my husband is 32 and thats his semen analysis report VOLUME:4.2 SPERM COUNTS:Total count (million/ml): 0.8 Live Count (million/ml): 0.4 MOTILITY: Rapid Linear Progression: 0% Slow Non Linear Progression: 50% NON Progression:50% MORPHOLOGY: 15% PYRIFORM: 8% AMORPHOUS: 77%. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  765
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
yes you can have conception, start your husband shatavari+musali+ashwagandha combination along with milk. avoid very spicy food,have udad in meal,avoid alcohol, tobacco, if.
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
  User's Response
hai doctor can i be father after the test volume is 3ml,count 75 millions/ml,motility nil,sluggishly progressive 35%,non progressive 20%,immotile 45%,normal morphology 4%,morphological abnormalities 96%
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you have a 5 yrs baby and trying for second child your case is of secondary infertility and this time since your reports are normal it is secondary male infertility.In males secondary infertility can be due to low sperm count because of Varicocele or any infection suffered in recent past and it needs to be investigated and treated.Please consult an Andrologist/Urologist and he will examine your husband and get treated.
All the best
Answered: Sat, 21 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor