Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My father is in deep coma. Is there any treatment to increase his response ?

MY FATHER WAS CARDIAC ARRESTED 2 MONTHS AGO ,resuscitation done to him, now hi is comatosed from that date till now,his GCS 5/15 , on trachestomy tube, N/G tube feeding ,heamodynamically stable my question is there any specific treatment can help him to increase his response, to be fully consiouse??... he is still in deep coma and MRI, CT scan of the brain ,done and there is no evidence of any thing,,, EEG shows slow brain activity NOW he is on: I.V fluids,, antibiotics,, physiotherapy.
Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for using Please complete your question and let us know what you are expecting from us. Bye
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thank you
EEG shows there is no brain death while your father seems to me he had prolonged resuscitation that's why his brain was affected by Interruption of oxygen resulting in a coma,,

we are sorry did not help you as you expect,,,

my advice to you to get help from an expert in neurology In the near future

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....