Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

My father has difficulty breathing and sometimes he coughs out blood

Hello Sir/Madam, Can you please suggest me a good lung specialist in chennai.This is for my father who is 70 yrs old and I m afraid of subjecting him in a surgery .His complaint is that he feels it difficult to breath and thus could not walk for a while.Some times he coughs out blood (little)along with mucus.He thinks,this is because of the exposure to dusty atmosphere he was working in during his younger age.He was a carpenter.He has already consulted with many doctors and was suggested that it is not either TB or cancer .Kindly suggest a doctor who is more proven in his carreer and not money minded. Thanks Balsekar.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
Dr S Chandrashekaran is a good pulmonologist and also a geriatrician so it will fit into your problems well. Since he is a carpenter are we looking at ILD?
Wish u a healthy living
Answered: Wed, 20 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor