Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

My Father is suffering from Loss of hearing, please suggest him

My Father is suffering from Loss of hearing and has had discharge from his ear for the past few years. We went to see two doctors and one suggested an operation while the other said that he can be treated with medicines. I looked up wiki for info and it does say that it can be treated by medicines. My concern is he is suffering from hearing loss already and if medicines dont work, the condition might worsen. On the other hand,if we go with the operation, would it be safe?
Sat, 31 Oct 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

The major side effects of the ear surgery are facial paralysis, hearing loss. There can be other surgical complications similar to any other surgeries like infection.  But these complications would be taken care of if the surgery is performed by safe hands - good Ent surgeon and a good hospital.  If i were you i would go for the surgery than wait.   You can take the opinion of a experienced ENT surgeon in a major hospital and decide instead..... All the best...

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor