Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

My 81 year old mother have strong shakes during sleep. Do i need to take her to the doctor ?

My father is 81 and lies in hospital in intensive care my father is 81 and lies in hospital in intensive care. I keep company now to my mother also 81. I shared her bed for two evenings and in the middle of the night she has a very strong shake, I get a heart beat each 20 seconds, basically the whole bed shakes. She suffers hypertension , should I take her to hospital? This lasts for about 30 minutes and then stops and it all goes back to normal. Please help. This just happend few minutes ago.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to hcm
You should take her to hospital.It seems that her heart rate seems to be very low.
This could be due to complete heart block leading to cerebral anoxia which gives
rise to convulsion.She will need pace maker immediately.This is a conclsion on
your mentioning heart rate only one haeart beat every 2o seconds Thanks
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor