Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Mucus like discharge from vagina. Is that indicates STD?

Hi, i have had some discharges, more of a mucus texture, so I went for a vaginal swab, i got gram positive bacilli positive and gram positive cocci positive. then there is a note that gram positive bacteria observes are normal commensals. My doctor gave me fasigyl and diflucan not sure of the spelling sorry and a vaginal douche to use everyday. what does this indicate? Any STD? or i am safe Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello Dinah,
Thanks for coming to HCM. Gram positive bacteria are a part of normal flora in vaginal fluid. You should take full course of the prescribed medicines which will treat the infection you have got. You can discuss with your doctor and get counseling on safe sexual practices and testing in case of risk of infections from unprotected sex.
Wish you a speedy recovery!
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor