Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Movable mass in the upper right abdomen that occasionally moves upto the rib. CT scan done, scheduled for MRI. Any thoughts?

Hi, I have a decent size mass in my upper right abdomen . It moves around and is not painful to touch; however, sometimes it moves up under right rib cage. It seems like it is about the size of a grape fruit. I have had 2 Ct scans done, which both did not show anything. I have also had a colonoscopy because I have ulcerative colitis and have been on remicade . That showed a couple of polyps but otherwise negative. Scheduled for an mri next week, but I am extremely concerned. I have been told it could be a Lipoma , mass on my kidney, or mass on my bowel. I eels like there is always something underneath my rib. Have you heard of anything like this? Kara
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

If you are skinny person, you may be able to palpate gall bladder in this localisation. It should be movable while breathing. Lipoma is also possible but this would be palpated in the soft tissues of the skin, not inside the abdomen.
No kidney mass can be palpated in such way as kidney is more in the back and is covered with plenty of fatty tissues. Moreover, CT would for sure visualize it.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 22 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor