Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Mitral valve problem, have episodes of fainting. What treatment should be taken?

My twin sister is diagnose of heart problem. She has a mitra valve problem. 3 years ago she went home to our hometown to study. She collapse at our house & she was in icu for days. She s been seeing a cardiologist their but when she finish her schooling. She needs to come here, the problem she doesn t have any insurance at all so can t see a cardiology . Last december we bought her in sharp memorial coz she s sick. They said she need to see a cardiology to check on her.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist 's  Response

These patients with mitral valve problem are prone to have arrythmias which may have caused her collapse.
It is true that she needs a cardiologist to see her. She needs ECG, holter and echocardiogram test for her evaluation.
Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor