Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Migraine, pain in ear, discharge from ear. Suggest proper treatment

My wife is 30 year old, she is suffering from migraine . now she used to have severe pain in right side of head near right ear. Also she use to have frequent pain in right ear. we consulted Neurologist he told us that this is due to migraine. Now today i saw some liquid coming out of her right ear. Please guide me to have proper treatment. Regards, Anosh Wankhade
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Presence of right ear discharge with pain suggests ear pathology for headache.
There may be also possibility of persistence of migraine along with right ear pathology.
You should consult with ENT surgeon urgently and go for thorough check up.
Discharge may gets secondary bacterial infection and as it is close to brain then there is high possibility of spread of infection to brain.
You should go for complete antibiotic course along with decongestants for rapid relief.
Avoid putting ear buds and hair pins in ear.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor