Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Migraine, pain behind eye. What is wrong?

Hello, I m a 19yr old female and i suffer from sever migraines. The pain is intense, throbbing behind my right eye. Up until about a month ago it always used to be behind the left eye. When i have this pain, i usually throw up. The pain is so bad it brings me to tears and no matter what i do the pain wont go away and will stay with me for days on end. When i have this pain i physically cant do anything and cant think straight. What is wrong with me?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
hi there
this is a typical history of migraine what you are given.its a common problem more common in females of your age.
it is a condition when your brain nerves become oversensitive and your brain arteries dilate and cause the pain.the episodes can be lastin from few hrs to upto 72 hours.

well with advances in science great drugs are available to curtail the problem
you should consult a physician and give proper history whatever he asks to rule out uther causes too of headache and will put you on proper medicines depending upon your frequency of attacks and response to therapy,,it will be titrated up if required.

so dont worry and consult a physician
Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor