Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Medical abortion ceased to terminate baby. Have a surgical line up. What can I do?

I had a medical abortion last in April which ceased to terminate the baby i had to have a surgical one a few days after ( D&C) i got my period after 5 weeks and since then my period has been often late, its generally within the normal 28-35 but it was never like that before it was very regular at 29 days. is there anything i could do?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
hello there..

If your cycles are not before 28days or after 35days interval, its perfectly normal.
Hormonal changes after abortion do happen and take few months to settle so it can be due to that. But with age also the hypothalmic pituitary ovarian axis(brain-ovary axis) functions ceases till they completely stop functioning like in menopause.
IF you are really worried about getting fixed cycles you can use ocps (if you dont wish to conceive also)or progesterone tablets to regularize your cycles for which you need to consult a gynecologist personally.Some hormonal tests like Serum TSH,LH,FSH and Prolactin can be done to rule out any pathological cause. But i think its not at all needed in your case as irregular cycles are significant only when they are out of the range of 28-35days cycle length.

take care.

Answered: Sun, 7 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor