Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

MRI shows degenerative changes in L5-S1, annular disc bulging. Painful. Treatment?

hi, I m 35 yo male, I feel severe pain since the past one month & consulted my physician, taken MRI of LS spine states Degenerative changes in L5-S1 with central & left posterolateral protrusion of L5-S1 compressing thecal sac & narrowing left lateral recess & neural foramina. Also shows mild diffuse annular disc bulging of L4-L5, indicates bilateral neural foramina. Kindly advise me what is the remidy, which type of treatment will help me?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  174
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
you have slipped discs in the lower spine. those probably are causing pressure on your nerves and hence the pain.
pl. see a spine surgeon to evaluate if conservative treatment would help or surgery is must. nowa days minimally invasive spine surgeries can be safely and effectively done at good centres.
Take care and pl. keep me posted on your progress.
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor