Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Lump behind ear. Is it an abscess ?

Hello, a friend of mine has been complaining from a lump that grew behind her ear . it reached the size of a marble and it was aching her. she took some antibiotics for 4 days and the lump has shrunk and now has a size of a lentil and it just hurts when she touches it but she sometimes feels that pain echoes into her throat and her ear. can this be just an abcess? will it disappear only with the passage of time? please, tell us about it because she s worried sick about this lump. big thanks in advance :)
Asked On : Mon, 3 Oct 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  857
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
This lump may be due to,
1,Forming abscees ass you said,
2,infected lymph node behind the ear,
3,Infected sybacious cyst.
As she she finished antibiotic course,gradually it will be alright.
if it is cyst then after some time recurrence will be there.
If it remains there then consult surgeon for excision.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 3 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor