Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain after accident. Using heating pad, tylenol to minimize pain. Permanent cure?

I am a 33 year old Female. One year ago I was hit by a SUV while I was walking across the street. The vehicle hit me on the left side of my back and I fell to the pavement on the right side of my body. I have a number of painfull areas, but specifically since the accident I have had mid and low back pain . My mid back is tender to the touch, I can t sit or lay down with out a pillow behind my back because it feels like there is a bruise , even though there are no visable signs of a bruise. It is difficult to sit for more than 20 minutes and having a heating pad on my back helps to minimize the pain. I only get 2 hours of sleep each night and i believe the hours of sleep would be less if it wasn t for the heating pad which has an automatic shut off every 2 hrs. I take tylenol 2 to minimize the pain.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
You should consult an orthopedic surgeon or spine specialist now. He may suggest investigations like MRI after examining. Do not neglect your symptoms. You may have disc prolapse or other pathology.
Answered: Thu, 14 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor