Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Lower abdominal pains when standing for a long period. Ultrasound shows borderline hepatomegaly, pelvicalyectasia. Treatment?

i am 31 yr old female.i have been suffering from rt lower abdominal pains only when i stand for prolonged period. ultra sound scan suggests borderline hepatomegaly and pelvicalyectasia.the pain is not continuous and goes away after rest.what should be my next action.should i be treated or just live with this problem .please let me know
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
You souldnt live with any pain, every pain has some cause. Your pain sounds to me more like gynaecologic disorder. Especially if no gallbladder disorder or stones have been seen on US. If analgetics help hen your problem can be muscular or neurogenic so there wont be any intraabdominal pathology. If it persist then complete gastroent. workup must be done including gastrosocpy and colonoscopy. Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor