Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Leaking urine after delivery. Help

ok, im 23, i have a 2 year old, and an 11 month old. ever since my second was born, ive noticed that i started leaking urine . i have to wear pantie liners constantly because of it, and it turns brown after a little while of sitting there, so i know its urine. i dont pee when i laugh or sneeze or anything like that, and i never notice that im leaking, i just do. ive looked it up, and the only thing i can find that might be it, is incontinence , but it always says that happens when you laugh, or sneeze, and you feel that it leaks out. ive laughed so hard that i actually did pee a little before, so i know what that feels like, and its not that. i just leak, continuously, all day every day. i got used to it, and started to ignore it thinking it would go away the further from my pregnancy i got, but it hasnt gone away, in fact, i think its gotten worse. please help me figure this out, as i have no way to go to a doctor to get it figured out that way. thank you very much.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome,

Thanks for your query.

I understand your frustration and am only here to help you.

Let me explain what we call a fistula (which could be a possibility we should consider to rule out while also thinking about urinary discharge)

A fistula is an abnormal tract that develops between two organs, sites or locations in the body.

In your case, let us discuss the possibility of such a fistula:

Vesicovaginal fistula (VVF) which is an abnormal tract formed between the urinary bladder and the vagina. This results in urine that is formed in the vagina to pass through the fistula (tract) and empty in the vaginal vault. This results in a continuous discharge of urine from the vagina. Which to some, looks like urinary incontinence.

This said, I would just want you to know that there are other possibilities, and browsing the internet would not help you in finding them.

I should also inform you that urinary incontinence is a common occurrence post-partum (after delivery).

What would be the best option in your case is to consult a Urologist (specialist) and let the doctor examine/investigate you for a better and sure diagnosis. The doctor would know on what lines to think and would most certainly find a diagnosis and in turn cure you of your troubles.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Polash Sannigrahi's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello dear..
The symptoms as mentioned suggests that you might be having Vesico vaginal fistula.
It is a condition in which a tract or passage is formed between the urinary bladder & the vagina..resulting in continuous involuntary passage of urine into the vaginal vault.
Most commonly caused by trauma to the wall between bladder & vagina (vesicovaginal wall) during child birth.
Management includes closing of the passage by repair of the vesicovaginal wall. will be better to consult a Gynecologist & do the needful.
There is no need to worry...the procedure is simple & you will be completely symptom-free after that.
Wishing you a good health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor