Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Lack of concentration, forgetting the names. Is this a serious problem?

i have a problem to forget very normal things like someones name,i have finished my bachelor degree recently.but i have always face to solve a normal mathematics problem and cant continue my concentration to anything with long time.i suddenly make mistake also many times.i can understand that i may be i have lack of intelligence. what can i do no?Plz give answer as soon as possible.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
First we have to find the reason for same

The reasons can be : you are under some form of stress, knowingly / without your awareness, you may be having specific learning difficulty, where particularly Mathematics problems are sometimes prominent, depression or anxiety

You need to consult a psychiatrist / clinical psychologist for complete assessment and solutions are there for this. No need to worry

Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Suyog Jaiswal's  Response
Since you have completed your graduation its less likely your IQ is below normal range otherwise you would not have come this far in education.
Next about mathematics problem its a chance you are suffering from Dyscalculia (specific learning disability) but if you dont have to worry about it as well if you dont deal with mathematics which cant be done with help of simple calculators.
Thirdly, forgetfulness and lack of concentration if present since childhood along with loosing things, clumsiness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness; then Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder can be thought of. However if your symptoms are of recent onset then we think of in terms of stress be the reason behind it.
If you have any anxiety, lack of confidence, decreased sleep/appetite, restlessness so see a psychiatrist for it.
Hope it helped your query.
Answered: Wed, 21 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor