Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Knot on lip of vagina. Cheesy discharge when popped. Formed red bump. What could it be?

I had what appeared to be a knot under my skin on the lip of my vagina . This has been there for quiet some time. No pain, no sensitivity. All of a sudden this thing became sore this morning. I applied a warm compress to it and it came to a head and popped. Lots of cottage cheese looking substance came from this bump. Now it looks like small red bump. I ve been to my obgyn and he said it was nothing to worry about and something about my hormones.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
Your symptom of painful swelling and cottage cheese discharge suggests a boil or furuncle which is infected.
Staphylococcus aureus bacteria cause skin boils, also called furuncles. Boils, which form in a hair follicle and the surrounding tissue, start as a red tender lump that enlarges and develops a white or yellow pus-filled center.
I suggest you to take antibiotics for 7 days.
You can generally treat small boils at home by applying warm compresses to relieve pain and promote natural drainage.
There is nothing to worry.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor