Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Knee pain, unable to bend, advised knee replacement surgery. Any other treatment?

Hi doctor, I am 60 years old and I have severe pain in my left knee and it is not letting me to bend. So I went to one doctor and he advised me to take an x ray. After the x ray the doctor told me that the knees were completely gone and he advised me to go for knee replacement surgery. Now, is there is any treatment for my knee without any surgery? Please reply me and I am waiting for the reply. Thanking you, Subbarao ravella
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
You have not mention the report of x-ray but osteoarthritis is the reason of your knee pain.
Surgery is the good answer but if you don't want to go for it there are other option like knee brace will reduce the load & in turn reduce pain.
To reduce your wait is also a good option.
Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor