Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, swelling, pain under knee cap. History of knee surgery for ACL and meniscus repair. Help?

I injured my left knee two days ago, swelling started yesterday. I don t know how the injury happened though. The pain is to the inside of the knee cap and under the knee cap. It is hot and swollen, with the pain getting worse. This knee has had surgery 20 yrs. ago for ACL and meniscus repair . Should I see a doctor and when?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
you need to see orthopedic surgeon as acute swelling of knee after trauma indicates haemarthosis
which may have to drained. hence kindly consult orthopedic surgeon immediately
Answered: Mon, 1 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor