Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Knee cap injury with swelling and bruises, lump formed, pressure and pain on standing. How can I treat my injury?

About a week ago I fell hard on my knee cap. I was able to get up and walk away but it swelled later on and brusied a lot and got a tenis ball size lump on the bruise . Swelling is down now and I can walk fine but the bruise it still there and there is a lump still. It kind of hurts when standing or using it to much. Feels like a lot of presure. Is it just a bruise?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think it can be a prepatellar bursitis.This swelling is going to subside soon. I want to prescribe you following things.
1. Take Brufen tablet daily
2. Take hot water fomentation
3. Avoid kneel down position
Answered: Wed, 2 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor