Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Itchy red spots on body parts during pregnancy. Is it normal. How to get relief?

Hi, I m 15 weeks pregnant and I have theses hive like itchy red spots on my arms, back,thighs and sides my question is is this normal or should I go see a dermatologisthing? Also if normal what can I take to relieve itching? My OB says its ok to take Benedryl , but I have heard that it may decrease your amniotic fluid Is this true? Thank you, Candice
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

Itching and skin rash is very common in pregnancy.

It is called as pruritus of pregnancy.

Dont worry its not a severe thing.

Just use calamine lotion.

You will get relief.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor