Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Is there sulpha in cigarettes? Itchy blisters, face getting hot

Is there Sulfa in cigarettes? I have a really bad allergy to Sulfa which will hospitalize me with Stephens Johnsons again, the more times I retriger it the higher risk I have of not surviving the next time it comes around and will kill me. Lately I have been breaking out really bad and not being able to control the itch and desire to scratch it and when I get to a point i get these blister type things and they pop almost like a pimple would, I feel the pop and can hear it sometimes and it is blister like which leaves me scratching even more to where I am leaving bad scabs and burn looking marks. Plus my face is getting really hot as though I have been standing over a steaming pot of water. If there is Sulfa in them I need to know ASAP.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  338
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Yes, there are lots of chemicals in cigarettes (1000s) and tar/benzene/formaldehyde are some of them with 40 carcinogens. So it is time you realised stopping smoking is the best way out.
Sulphur and nitrates are definitely added but unsure in what proportions (will vary with brand)
No tests can predict whether one will develop SJS to a drug, but if it is sulphur-related in your case, please steer clear of such drugs.
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor