1. Hypersensitive Pneumonitis (HP) also called as Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis
(EAA), occurs mainly due to Occupation, so please tell about the nature of Occupation or Hobby of your father.
2. Because Doctor labelled as 'hypersensitive' must be of Type III or IV.
3. which form of HP is been diagnosed by the doctor, although seems to be Chronic, but still Acute on Chronic can be think of??
4. apart from cough, any other finding like clubbing, respiratory distress
,weight loss, lethargy??
5. what other clinical picture does CT-chest has revealed?
6. exposure to Moulds and fungi is there (damp place), so picture is of Farmer's Lung/ Humidifier's Lung.
7. because, it is Hypersensitivity
, thus main stay of any treatment will be AVOIDANCE of ANTIGEN i.e. dust,mould,fungi or any non specific stimuli.
8. Ayurveda Drugs which acts as Immuno modulators like Ashwagandha, Guduchi, Trifla, SHIRISH (Albizia lebeeck) can be given.
9. If HP is chronic, he will develop Pulmonary fibrosis
sooner or later, for that along with medicines, Oxygen and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
will be needed.
10.Consult with your Physician about future Modalities and Medicines.