Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for seizures in a 10 month old baby ?

my sister gave birth to a premature baby with1.6kg weight .the baby was healthy,earlier,but faced afits probem on her fifth day,later she was suffering from jerks continously,the EEG REPORT was normal,THE MRI SCAN report stated that her brain size is small,and needs to develop,.....she is now in 10th month,taking gordinal of 15mg daily and she doesnot seem to respond great deal for sounds,doesnot crawl,and just stays calm and we consulted a homeopathy doctor,who is well known for curing seizures....he gives his dosage now and also alopathy too.....he says it may take 2-5 years.....?can this be really curable .......?plz reply me ?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear Karthik,

Brain damage due to prematurity along with the defective development of her brain may have jointly produced fits in your niece. In the given circumstances, I would strongly advise you to see a pediatric neurologist instead of going to homeopaths. She needs expert clinical assessment before a plan is tailor-made to fit her problems. I am sorry to say this, but I am not so confident that she will be cured after 2-5 years, since she also seems to have other neurological problems and developmental delay.

-Dr. Taher
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Shilpa Benade's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome tp HCM.THanks for your query.
Usually it takes 5yrs for congenital seizures.Continue homeopath medicines.
If there are no seizures for 5 yrs then no medicines to continue furthermore.
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Dhara Shah's  Response
hi welcome to hcm.see your doc is right you not suddenly stop the seizure medicine you have to take along with homoeopathy slowly reduce a dose and then only homoeopathy medicine.recovery periods depends upon the how he response to is curable don't be worry just follow your doc advice.
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor