Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Suffering from seizures. family history of seizures. Need treatment?

i am suffering from fits. from the age of 12. i am not getting proper treatment my age is 29 all reports showing mother has fits. through genes it has came for me.
please suggest for better treatment
i could not leave without tablets per day .
i am using these tablets daily.1) dicorate er 250 .2) levi pil 250 mg.3)neuromin m

daily 2 times i am using these tablets
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.
You have epilepsy, and as you pointed out, it is genetic in your case.
Treatment of epilepsy needs long-term medications, even life long in many cases.
So, it is important that you continue anti-epileptic medications for long time under the supervision of your doctor. Your current medications are fine, but make sure the dose is correct as per your body weight.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email:
Answered: Fri, 31 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor