Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Is there any other treatment for varicocele other than surgery ?

hello i m 20male, i have varicocele more than a year in my right testes.. i m have pain there about 4 out of 10.. my question is what is the percentage of having this varicocele to have temporary infertility? i dont want to have surgery yet because i m still young enough and the pain is tolerable.. My question is that what is the percentage of having this varicocele to have temporary infertility without surgery? thanks
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Varicocele is seen in 15% of men. 35% of them are already infertile from before and 80% of them become infertile after the varicocele. But microsurgery has improved this condition and the male can have a child in 20-60% of cases after Surgery. Smoking causes more pain and tension in the varicocele. STOP SMOKING. Visit your Surgeron for more information.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor