Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering from low sperm motility and sperm count. Took Siphene, Maxoza Powder and Addy Zoa. Suffer mild pain in scrotum. Guidance?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9606 Questions
Respected Sir, i am suffering from low sperm motility and low sperm count.
i have undergone semen analysis tests, the results of the tests are as follows:
Date Sperm Count Sperm motility
17.12.12 73 mil/c.c 5%
24.02.13 25 mil. 18%
10.06.13 40 mil. 35%
20.06.13 10 mil. 9%
19.07.13 11 mil. 20%
20.09.13 17 mil. 35%
the medications that i took after the first report was 1. Siphene - m 2. Addy Zoa. I took these for 6 months, and after that the doctor changed it to 1. Maxoza Powder 2. Addy Zoa.
We have undergone IUI thrice during this period, with no results. I went to consult a male urologist who asked me to take a sonography of scrotum. the results of which are 1. Grade 1 varicocele of right side and 2. Greade 2/3 varicocele on left side. The doctor suggested i undergo a surgery for it and changed my medication to 1. Maxoza Powder and 2. Carni - Q tablets. I dont wanna undergo a surgery, and since i have started taking Carni - Q tablets i am experiencing a mild pain in scrotum.
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have Oligiasthanozoospermia.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
what is called as Asthanozoospermia meaning there by that your sperm count is low and percentage of active motile sperm is also low .In addition to this you have bilateral Varicocele.

Your semem analysis done over last 8 months show fluctuations in sperm count .
This can be due to various factors like timing of collection of semen ,period of abstinence before semen collection and the laboratory where it is carried out.

As regards sperm motility of the sperms you have not mentioned percentage of active grade 1 motile sperm.As per WHO standards percentage of active motile grade1 sperm should be minimum 12-15 % for effective fertilization of female egg to result in pregnancy.

Truly speaking there are no medicines that can increase sperm count and motility of sperms.

As regards efficacy of varicocele surgery it improves sperm count in 25-30% patients who has undergone surgery and result of surgery are always guarded by operating surgeon.
Following measures have found to be more effective to improve sperm count and morphology of sperms.

1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Please get your semen analysis repeated in well renowned andrology laboratory where sperm analysis is done by computerised technique by well trained and experienced technicians .

Please consult qualified Infertility specialist to explore the possibility of pregnancy with the help of newly assisted reproductive techniques like IVF or ICSI( Intra cytoplasmic Sperm Injection.)

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from low sperm motility and sperm count. Took Siphene, Maxoza Powder and Addy Zoa. Suffer mild pain in scrotum. Guidance? 2 hours later
sir the motility that I wrote is active progressive motility or grade 1 motility as you mentioned. I wanted to know if carni-q is the right medicine or siphenewas better? we want only 1 child and that's why we decided to try IUI for another 2-3 cycles. I don't wanna undergo a surgery. I will follow the measures you suggested.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgery for varicocele is not mandatory.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.Considering the reports of your semen analysis i would suggest you to consult experienced infertility specialist dealing with problems related to fertility and explore feasibility of advanced assisted reproductive techniques like sperm freezing, sperm cryo-preservation and IVF or ICSI to have a child.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from low sperm motility and sperm count. Took Siphene, Maxoza Powder and Addy Zoa. Suffer mild pain in scrotum. Guidance? 11 minutes later
the medication that I am taking, will it help? the infertility doctor gave me siphene-m, I was taking it for almost 9 months now. then I consulted a urologist. he changed my medication to Carni-Q and told me to continue taking Maxoza powder. But ever since I started taking Carni-Q I occasionally feel very mild pain in my scrotum.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No medicine for asthanospermia

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
Truly speaking there are many medicine available in the market who claim to be effective to improve sperm motility,however not a single medicine has been proved scientifically to establish their claim.What ever medicine you are taking are being prescribed for the satisfaction of the patient.So it is your individual decision whether to take it or not.If you were my patient I would not prescribe any drug to improve sperm motility.

Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor