Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Is there any home remedy get rid of gap in the tooth post cleaning the plaque ?

I have bad plaque on my bottom front tooth . And I cleaned some and now I have big gap. One of my tooth which has the most plaque is wobbly and I don t know if I should remove it. I can t afford to go to dentist I have an insurance but not the dental what should I do? Is there any way I can try at home without losing my tooth? My teeth got bad lot more after my third child was born
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012
Answers:  5 Views:  1503
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Pregnancy has some hormonal changes which may deteriorate the oral health but if taken proper care it can be controlled and most of the times restored back to normal. You would have suffered from your third pregnancy. Mobile teeth and the gap can be addressed by combination of periodontal procedures. If you are not in insurance, you can ask the dentist to plan your treatment over extended period and begin with moving it out of occlusion. When you have insurance or have saved for your treatment then get the splinting and perio procedure done. There is hardly anything you can do at home. Find a good dentist who understands your situation and plans your treatment accordingly.
Answered: Sat, 28 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
as you said your teeth got bad after your third child was born...........
during pregnancy there are some hormonal changes,because of that gum/periodontal problems occured.........
as you said you had bad plaque on your lower front teeth and after cleaning now there is a very big gap and one of your teeth is loose ,it is because of large bone destruction and damage to supporting tooth structure.........
if you do not want to save this tooth,go for extraction......
if you want to save your teeth, go for splinting.........
anyhow you should go to a dentist....
so i will suggest you please go to a dentist and follow all the given instructions properly and take a proper treatment accordingly..........
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Ankit Aggarwal's  Response
as you have told that after removing some of the plaque( calculus) , theirs a gap as well as mobility in the concerned tooth, its evident that a large mount of bone loss had already taken place along with recession of gums. both bone and gums support our teeth and in case of excess plaque and calculus, both bone and gums are destroyed . and this is what happened in your case. you have to go to the dentist and if you cant afforrd it, find some charitable hospital. their they will either do splinting or have to go for extensive procedures like bone graft and mucogingival surgery after complete scaling if you want to save your wobbling teeth or simply extraction if you dont want to save that tooth. but in all case scenarios , you have to see the dentist so as to save the rest of the teeth atleast.
wishing you health
with regards
Dr Ankit
Answered: Wed, 25 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
its better you go to some dental college where they will charge you nothing and tell them you need a scalling they will charge only the registration ammount that sit you need periodontal treatment
Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
Dentist Dr. Akash Prasad's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic!

Due to long standing calculus for years, your bone resorbs and gums recession occurs, which leave your teeth unsupported and lately the deposits i.e calculus supports your teeth. In such cases when the calculus are removed and gaps between your teeth occurs and even the teeth becomes loose and wobbly due to lack of support.

I suggest that you visit your local dentist and get a complete scaling & splinting procedure done. Splinting of teeth is nothing but joining a segment of teeth with a wire or a fibre splint which immobilizes the shaking teeth and encourages the bone regeneration and gum re attachment faster, in a similar manner that when a bone fractures we plaster it and immobilize it for healing.

I'm sure after a few months of splinting, condition of your teeth will improve and they will be stable.

I hope this helps.

Answered: Tue, 24 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor