Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Is there any diet to improve vision ?

my son age is 14 his eyes power is right eye is -2.5and left eye is -above now how can improve the power .have any diet?please tell me .I am very worried.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
There is no diet which can correct the refractory error. If he has Juvenile Diabetes then all the restrictions of a Diabetic has to be followed.
Vitamin A is used to prevent night blindness. You could encourage him to eat carrot, pea nuts, fruits etc.
Wishing him all the best.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
By any diet or any measure one can not reduce the number.
take high protein diet,
Take vit A,D,E.
Now he should take care not increasing of number,
Avoid reading in dim light,while reading light should come from behind,
Wear glass whole day.
take green veges,fresh fruits.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor