Is there a possibility for reversal of vasectomy?

Hello doc

I had a vasectomy in 98 and then got divorced. Since then i have been on methotrexate and Arava for Rhumatoid arthritus. I would realy like to give my new wife a baby but dont know if they can extract any semen. Is this possible and how do i go about it and where.......
Thu, 10 Nov 2016
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.

It depend on methods used and in most cases if there was ductus ligation, it can be reverted. If not,and there is permanent occlusion, then sperms can be taken from testicles and IVF can be performed so it is possible that you have baby in future.
I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.
DR. Ivan Rommstein