• question-icon

What does the following body scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Cancer
Question: I recently had a full body scan to look for possible lytic lesions, x-rays from head to toe.
I had some slightly abnormal lab work, normal kappa, low lambda and an elevated K/L ratio of 2.51. I had been on Leflunomide for rheumatoid arthritis for 8 months. All other lab tests were normal except my gamma globulins are low. They are in the process of doi ng Igg tests and others. I do not have copies of the actual x-rays yet. However, I received the radiologist report today and was wondering if you could explain which bones are involved..I think it is only one but I'm not sure. It states "there is a 5 x 3 mm lytic lesion involving the right radius distal metaphysis and proximal left femur shaft". Is this both the wrist and leg or just the leg? I was in a pedestrian vehicle car accident and fell very hard (slammed to the pavement) on my buttocks and back. I know lytic lesions can mean cancer but they can also be benign. Could one happen from a significant trauma? Please share your thoughts with me based on the information I have given you. Do not ask for the x-rays as I do not have them yet.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. There are 2 lesions

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details.
I can understand your concern.

So your details points towards multiple myeloma and imaging suggest 2 different lytic lesions. Trauma does not lead to such picture.

However, you need not be worried as myeloma is a well treatable condition and people do enjoy a good amount of life.

Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist