Is severe earache normal after an upper endoscopy?

Hello I had upper endoscopy yesterday after waking up I realized my right ear (behind the ear not inside of ear) was hurting now its been 24 hours and the pain is a throbbing pain? Is this normal? I ve had a few endoscopy in the past never experience any side effects.
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

No, earache may not be related or due to the upper endoscopy. It may be due to cold or any ear problem like wax or infection. You can take tab. tylenol and consult with ENT surgeon for detailed examination and treatment. Take care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards,
Dr. Shyam B. Kale