Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Is root canal treatment good for tooth pain ?

Hi I met an accident in my college days (5,7 years before) and docotor informed me that you have 4 tooth facture ... till now every thing is fine no pain Nothing ...but from last 2,3 days i start feeling pain in one of my Fracture tooth ... and today have very acute pain... after cconsultiong the doc..... She advise a Cannal Root Treatment and advise following medicines Zenflox oz and lornasafe plus 1 BD each and urgendol-p SOS for acute pain only Please advise
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  262
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response

If you have acute pain in a tooth that too have a history of trauma, generally root canal has to be done. but i suggest get an IOPA done ( x-ray) for that tooth and check for the fracture and infection in that tooth. I advice you that you get your other fractured tooth also checked, they can trouble you in your future so take preventive measure for them.

Answered: Sat, 21 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
hi , welcome to HCM,
your dentist must have done x ray of the diseased tooth to come to the conclusion but if your are still in doubt then you can take second opinion from other dentist because once treatment begins, you are totally commited to it & You cannot change your mind and 'back out' halfway through the treatment.
also Root canal treatment is a safe and effective procedure too ....
take care..
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, there are more chance of infection in broken tooth, you tooth may be infected, so RCT is only choice of treatment, in RCT root of tooth will be cleared.then your pain will be subside. so as per advise.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
hello, welcome to healthcare magic,
better take a xray of all the fractured teeth and go for root canal treatment & capping to save the affected teeth.. take care..
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sikun Samantara's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HCM.

The tooth which your dentist suggests you to go for a Root Canal Treatment(RCT) is because there may not be adequate amount of tooth structure or the pulp would have been exposed leading to sharp acute pain. Its advisable to go for a RCT followed by Crown in order to have an esthetic smile. Hope i helped you. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. Avinash A's  Response
welcome to hcm
if the canal is involved then its better u go for Root canal treatment..i feel the accident is not related to it..continue the medications for relief of all your symptoms..take care
Answered: Wed, 27 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor