Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Is it possible to increase my height through medicines ?

hello sir myself ravi sir my age is 20 years and i have height 5.4 inch and weight 53 kg.. sir i wanns to increase my height wheather it is possible to increase height if yes then how.. and one more thing is that mediciene can help in it or not...
Mon, 23 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

Yes you can increase the height, but there is no particular drugs or medicines for the growth at this age.. The Height of the body is contributed by the growth of Long Bones of the body.. the Normal age at which the epiphysis(growth plate at the joint in bones) fuses with the Diaphysis is at around 21 years plus or minus 2 years.. Thing you need to do is exercise to increase height, cycling, swimming,etc But Do not go to gym, weight lifting, and others gym exercise will stop the bone growth, take more amount of protein food, which is essential for growth, like meat, non veg food, egg, fish, prawn,and all kinds of fruits.. only by eating and doing appropriate exercise will increase the height.. not the medicines or other drugs..

Take care...
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor