• question-icon

What causes persistent appetite for food?

I think i have a serious problem with food, from barely eating at all and fasting last week, where I felt so weak and in pain to the comlete opposite where I am suddenly eating constantly (I just put on more than a stone in a week) I can't stop eating I don't feel anything like fullness I literally can't stop myself , I'm scared I'm killing myself but I can't end it. In the BMI calculator thing according to my height and weight combined I am 'overweight', and it will only get worse. I have no idea what to do
Thu, 22 Mar 2018

If you are eating too much then such symptoms some time called uncontrolled craving most of the time it is the physiological or psychological condition, but it really needs to be ruled out for endocrine disease so I would like to advise you to get done endocrine dysfunction related tests, like diabetes, thyroid disease, and other, hormone-related function or you can see the endocrinologist in very rare condition it turned something positive but most of the time it is the psychological condition.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Akhtarhusain