Suggest treatment for chronic insomnia

Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Ayurveda
Question: hi
i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing my ears may be it lr=eads to stree and breaks my sleep after i sleep
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more details

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
I understand your problem regarding sleep disturbances.

As from your past history reveals there is no organic problem in the MRI.

I need certain questions to be addressed before i suggest you treatment advise.

What is your BMI(body mass index) /weight and height?
What is your occupation?

How frequent do you face sleep problem and pressure behind your ears?

did you find any aggravating factors?

Any other medical problem do you suffer in past and present?

After taking any sleep pills do feel better or still feel the same?

did changing the position and place feel any relieve in your sleep pattern?

how much time do you sleep regularly in night?

Lifestyle and diet pattern?

Any history of anxiety and stress/

Kindly get back to me with details .
Thanks and regards

Dr.S.Senthilnathan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 3 hours later
weigt 65kg height 5,8
body mass going down since many years due to lack of sleep
with sleeping pill not much relief only mind relax partly
i wake up any time after sleep at night
normal lifestyle no stress
went for shirodhara coarse at kotill XXXXXXX preet vihar
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let me explain

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
As per Ayurveda irregularity in Vata,pitta and kabha causes sleep problem.

Proper lifestyle changes, diet and ayurvedic medicines can help to fix your sleep problem. 

Avoid fried,junk and transfat food.

Try steamed food with green leafy vegetables.

Avoid tubers,nonveg, caffeine in all forms,

Avoid taking naps during the day

Take a nice, long, warm bath before bed-time.

Avoid watching Tv and XXXXXXX in the night especially one hour before going yo bed.

Read a book or calm activity such as chanting a mantra XXXXXXX etc.

Maintain your bed room quiet, dark atmosphere.

To balance Vata, gradually introduce regularity into your lifestyle. Eating, sleeping, working, and exercising at the same hours to promotes harmony

Apply cow ghee in the sole before food.

I recommend abhyangam and nasyam Panchkarma therapy for 21 days.

Medication:
1.Aswagandha choornam-
2g at bed time with milk.
2.jadamansi choornam -1g at bed time with milk.
Both after food.

Kindly follow the advise for one month and get back to me for any clarification.
Dr.S.Senthilnathan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj