Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Is it normal to have underdeveloped genetalia and does it interfere in pregnancy ?

I am a 34 year old woman.( I was a preemie) I have 2 daughters(full term) and both were born with underdeveloped genitalia. My question is: will this be a problem in the future. for them as far as being able to conceive . I have similar issues myself. However I do not know to what extent with my children. Is there a name for this sort of thing. I myself was obviously able to concieve and deliver,I did however suffer serious tears to the vaginal walls. I still also have issues with tampons sexual intercourse . I do not like to talk about these issues. I just want to know for my girls. Also does this run in families
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
     under developed female genitalia needs through detailed investigation to find the extent of disease .is it only the outer genitalia or inner part like uterus & ovary are also under developed.Get complete investigation to find the extent & cause.only than one can say they will have problem in conceiving or not.In the three cases I have seen there was no uterus & ovary.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Answered: Fri, 3 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor