Is it normal to get nosebleeds in the winter?

On two occasions within a week, I have been woken up with a nose bleed on my right nostril. It takes awhile for it to stop. Usually in the colder months with the heat on I would expect it even though it doesn t usually happen to me, but why would this be happening recently?
Tue, 27 Nov 2018

Nose bleeding may lead to dryness of mucosa in winter or low humidity environment.

It may be due to nasal polyps or mucositis or anemia or infection.

Use humidifier in the room, avoid cold environment exposure if symptoms not improved please consult your ENT specialist he will check for blood pressure and nasal cavity examination then treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu,