Is it necessary to take pneumonia vaccines for a 17 month old baby ?

Hi, Is it necessary to give pneumonia vaccine to 17 monts baby?
Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If a person can afford the vaccine (which is costly) he should give it to his baby after discussion with the doctor regarding its advantages and disadvantages.

If you are asking regarding the booster dose .... If your baby is vaccinated previously then a booster is required at 18 months of age.

Hope this helps.
Hi Reena
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

It is not a compulsory vaccine , but optional.But if you have given your kid the vaccine previously (previous doses) , a dose has to be given at 18 months.

Any more doubts or question post your comment here or feel free to mail me.