Is it advisable to postpone periods while travelling?

I ve been off of birth control for 3 months. I started my period on 9/1 and I m still bleeding. I expect this to stop by 9/10. My doctor gave me 2 packs of Levora to start taking, as I m trying to avoid getting my period while I m on a surfing trip from 9/26-10/12. I ve had problems with breakthrough bleeding in the past with Lutera, Cryselle, Loestrin, etc. My doctor said Levora is a bit stronger, but I m still worried I ll have my period when away or worse I ll just breakthrough bleed the entire time. Am I better off just getting my period 9/28-10/1 and sucking it up for a week or should I give it a shot? If you think I should give it a shot, when should I start?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Sep 2014
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi

There's no need to postpone periods while travelling. Let it continue for your natural process.if at all you want to postpone start taking progesterone 5 days before your periods and continue till you don't want periods.

Dr. MANDAVI RAI, OBGYN,

Maternal and Fetal Medicine