Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Is enlarged vas deferens a matter of concern ?

I have an enlarged vas deferens on right side and what appears to be a few small cysts on both vas deferens, i have had them for about 8 years, what is worrying me is the vas deferens size as its about 1cm diameter, i will really find it difficult to get it checked out but i m wondering about the vas deferens as its not painful or anything and having no problems.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  565
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
You have not mentioned your age and marital status.
If you are married and have children, then you have absolutely nothing to worry, but if you are married and have no children, then you should get your semen analysis done to see the sperm count. If it is low then you will have to consult an urologist and get a colour Doppler study of scrotum done to rule out varicocele and other pathology in the scrotum.
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor